Top 5 Best Tents Under $100
You might not believe that there are high quality tents under $100, but that is where you are wrong. This page will show you a few tents that are totally worth checking out due to their outstanding quality and ability to keep you safe during your camping trip.
We all know that the tent you bring will be your temporary home during your trip, so let’s make sure that you get the best bang for your buck.
|Alps mountaineering Lynx||32 x 90 x 36 inches||3.94 lbs||1 Person||3 Seasons|
|Kelty Yellowstone||83 x 44 x 52 inches||5lb 7 oz||2 Person||3 Seasons|
|Sundome||84 x 84 x 52 inches||8 lbs||3 Person||3 Seasons|
|SEMOO||126 x 94.5 x 51.2 inches||6 lbs||3-4 Person||3 Seasons|
|CORE||26 x 8 x 7.5 inches||16 lbs||6 Person||3 Seasons|
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx (1 Person Tent For Under $100)
The Alps mountaineering Lynx tent is a great tent for going on trips alone. It is very easy to set up due to the adjustable straps on each corner of the tent. This also allows you to adjust the tent to your liking and makes it easy to disassemble.
It is very easy to carry around due to its low weight of 3.94 lbs. There is enough room for 1 person to sleep comfortable in any position they prefer. Several of the walls are made of mesh material, allowing ventilation throughout the tent. There is also mesh on the main door of the tent.
You are actually able to set up the rainfly before you set up the tent. So if its raining then you can set up the rainfly, then continue to set up the tent without getting wet.
There is 3 pockets around the tent which allows you to store any of the small items you have. Overall, this tent is great for 1 person camping trips and is totally worth its price.
- Lightweight – Very light and easy to carry. Great backpacking tent for beginners and advance campers.
- Ventilation – The mesh inside allows for the tent to ventilate.
- Space – Plenty of room for 1 person to sleep or sit down in comfortably.
- Setup – Easy to set up and disassemble do the great design of the tent.
- Not 100% Mesh Inside. More mesh inside the tent would allow for much more ventilation.
- Rainfly – Has no window so it takes away your privacy.
Kelty Yellowstone Tent (2 Person Tent For Under $100)
This is a 2 person tent but it can also be suitable for 1 person. The Kelty Yellowstone tent can fit 2 sleeping pads inside so there is also enough room for two people to sleep in the tent as long as you don’t have a lot of supplies in the tent.
This tent is very easy to set up without assistance. It is also very durable with handy features like interior pockets that open up for more ventilation.
This tent can stand winds up to 30 mph without any problems. It will stand up well and you will not have to worry about your tent falling apart on you.
The front door has a screen that you can zip up or down for either more privacy or to have a view outside. The top of the tent already has a built-in clip that allows you to easily hang any lantern that you bring. There are also mesh pockets where you can store your small supplies.
- Setup – Easy and fast to set up.
- Size – Able to fit 1 or 2 people comfortably.
- Quality – High quality materials. Tent poles are heavy and sturdy, allowing the tent to stand up against high winds.
- Ventilation – Ventilation is okay but can get very hot during a high temperature summer day.
- Zippers – There is 2 zippers on the front door instead of just one.
Sundome (3 Person Tent For Under $100)
This is one of the best tents for the price. The Sundome Tent can fit 2 people comfortably. Any more would make you crammed up but it is possible for 3 if you don’t mind the lack of room.
This tent can be setup in 5 minutes or less and it’s not that hard to do as long as you follow the instructions.
The stability on this tent is very good, allowing it to stand strong against 30 mph winds and heavy rain. This tent doesn’t have any problems with leaks so you will never have to worry about water getting inside of your tent. Four inches of rain could pour down and the tent will still be completely dry on the inside.
This tent also fits nicely back inside of its original bag, but it is a little bit heavy (8 Pounds) and bulky. This wouldn’t be the ideal tent to backpack with but that is a decision that you have to make for yourself once you get this tent.
There are 2 mesh pouches on the inside that are great for storage and also a plastic hook for you to hang a lantern of your choice.
- Setup – Setup is easy but it is recommended to do this with a partner. The more you set this tent up, the faster you will get at it.
- Space – There is enough room for 3 adults but it will be a tight fit depending on your size. Plenty of room for 3 kids.
- Stability – Sturdy enough to stay standing with high winds blowing and secure enough to stop any rain from getting inside the tent.
- Mesh Pockets – 2 pockets inside the tent to fit small items.
- Hook – You can hang up a lantern if you brought one along with you.
- Cold – There is a lot of ventilation in this tent which makes it hard to gold heat. If the temperature get low then it will be difficult for you to stay warm.
- Need 2 People – Some of the steps require you to have a second person with you. So it will be difficult to set up alone.
SEMOO Double Layer (3-4 Person Tent For Under $100)
This SEMOO tent provides a lot of value with its low price. It has plenty of space for 3 people and supplies. Even a queen size bed can fit in (has to be inflated from the inside). It will be close to a perfect fit for the bed.
This tent comes with a water-resistant barrier that goes up to 6 inches high. This is perfect for keeping the ground waterproof inside the tent.
This tent provides excellent ventilation if setup the correct way. There are guy lines that have to be followed while setting up the rainfly. If it is set up incorrectly, the rainfly will block the ventilation and you will become very hot inside the tent.
The setup is easy to do and can be done in just a few minutes. There are a few mesh panels in the tent and even one that allows for a great view into the sky. This is perfect for looking up into the stars at night or just enjoying a sunny day.
- Clips – There are clips for the attachable frame which makes things easier for you to assemble of disassemble the tent.
- Room – There is plenty of room to fit 4 people comfortably. It won’t be a tight fit like other tents. 4 people can actually be inside. You can either have chairs inside or a queen sized bed.
- Quality – Can stand through rainy days without any rain getting inside. The tent design was well thought out and allows for good ventilation.
- Instructions – The instructions are sewed onto the carrying bag so you will never lose the instructions as long as you have the bag.
- Compact – Can be packed away easily and easy to carry due to lightweight.
- Zipper – Zipper can jam if you’re not careful.
- Thin – Material is quite this so it can rip easily if you pull it hard enough.
CORE (6 Person Dome Tent For Under $100)
This Core 6 person tent has plenty of room for you and family members to fit inside. 6 People can actually fit in here comfortably with some extra room to spare. This is even enough room to fit 2 queen sized air mattresses!
This tent can be setup in 5 minutes or less with the help of another person. This tent is able to withstand heavy rains and winds for a long period of time if you purchase stronger stakes. The stakes that come with this tent are not the strongest so it would be best to use your own.
This tent can also have the screen on top removed, for a nice view of the sky. The ventilation on this tent is great and helps keep the tent cool. It also prevents the buildup of condensation. If you setup this tent without the rainfly, you will have a nice screened room since this tent is mostly screening.
If you want privacy then this wouldn’t be an ideal thing to do. Keeping the rainfly on will give you all the privacy you need. If you are a tall person then you will still have plenty of room inside of this tent.
- Assembly – Easy to set up and take down. Can be done with one person or more.
- Space – Plenty of room for 5 people so be inside. If you have 4 or 3 people then you will have a kit if room to spare.
- Ventilation – Keeps the tent cool on warm days. The tent is mostly made of screening so there is airflow all throughout the tent.
- Rain Fly Cover – Can be removed for viewing the stars at night.
- Price – This is a 6 person tent under $100 that is high quality and durable.
- Zipper – Can get stuck if you pull to fast.
Best Budget Tents
These are the best budget tents that you can get for $100 and lower. There are different sizes to suit all your needs.