Having a high quality tent insures that you will have a smooth and happy camping trip.
This list will show the best 3 Tents for under $300. There are three different size ranges so make sure to look for one that suits your needs.
The best overall tent for under $300 is the Kelty TN and can be found here.
These tents are all high quality and were made with the consumer in mind. So you won’t have to worry about any cheaply made tents here!
Top 3 Best Tents Under $300
|Kelty TN||83 x 42 x 50 inches||4lb 9oz||2 Person||3 Season|
|Mountainsmith Genesee||52 x 96 x 84 inches||6.6 lbs||4 Person||3 Season|
|Core||48 x 11 x 10.5 inches||35.2 lbs||9 Person||3 Season|
Kelty TN (2 Person Tent Under $300)
The Kelty TN tent is an amazing 2 person backpacking tent. It is very lightweight and compact. It can even be used for car camping if you enjoy doing that also.
Without the rainfly, you will have an all mesh tent that will be great for star-gazing at night. You won’t even have to take the fly all the way off. Just open up the upper half and you will be able to see the stars. With it like this, you can quickly close it incase it starts to rain.
This tent has enough room for two people to fit comfortably so it is truly a two person tent. You can also use this as a one person tent if you want the extra room. There are vestibules that can be used for your footwear.
They are a great place to put your shoes so the inside of your tent doesn’t get dirty. The rainfly is perfect and does a great job keeping out all of the rain. Getting wet while inside of this tent definitely won’t be an issue.
- Rainfly – Easy to set up and it’s possible to open up for stargazing without taking the whole thing down.
- Door Size – Door size is very large which makes it easy to enter or exit the tent.
- Weight – Lightweight tent. Very good for backpacking.
- Space – This is a great amount of space for 1 or 2 people.
- Material – The walls of the tent are very strong and durable. They were made to last a long time.
- Zippers – Zippers are strong and don’t get stuck easily.
Mountainsmith Genesee (4 Person Tent Under $300)
This tent is really easy to set up and tear down. It is free-standing which allows it to stand without any stakes! This significantly reduces the time it would take to put up a tent. So when you’re ready to set up, you should be done in just a few minutes.
If that wasn’t already easy enough, the poles are even color coded to assist you even more. This tent is well ventilated all around. There are huge screen panels on two of the walls which easily allows air to flow through. If it gets too cold, then you can put the rainfly on because it helps to retain most of the heat.
For a free-standing tent, this thing is pretty strong and sturdy. It can stay standing against winds going up to 50 mph. The tent design (aluminum poles) is very good and allows the tent to stay in place in very bad weather.
Considering the large size of this tent, it can actually get pretty compact when trying to store it away. Inside, there is plenty of room for three people. This is the recommended max but bringing four people is also an option, there just wont be a lot of space between the four of you.
- Vestibules – This tent has a small-sized vestibules that allow you to store your shoes or supplies.
- Quality – Very high quality materials including the walls, zippers, mesh, and even the rainfly.
- Durability – This tent is able to last a long time due to the strong materials put inside of it.
- Setup – Very easy to set up due to the color coded poles and no need for stakes.
- Design – This freestanding tent can be setup very quickly/easily. There are mesh pockets and even a built-in hook to place a lantern inside.
- Zippers – Zippers will not snag.
- Vestibule Size – They are not that big.
CORE (9 Person Instant Cabin Tent Under $300)
The core 9 person tent is perfect for large families, or even small families that like a lot of room. This tent will give you just that.
Condensation will be a thing of the past inside of this tent. Everything will remain dry because this tent does a great job of removing the damp air. So you won’t have to worry about any of your supplies getting wet from condensation.
This tent is very easy to set up due to the “instant” design. The base of the tent only takes up to 1 minute to set up! It’s even the same with disassembling.
Ventilation will help this tent to become more cool. Each section of the tent will be well ventilated and stop most of the heat from escaping. This is due to the large mesh windows surrounding this tent. You can open the windows if it starts to get hot, or you can adjust the rainfly. If it’s raining, then the windows should stay closed.
This tent is very durable, which is something you would want at this price point. It is very sturdy and can stand against pretty tough weather. Heavy wind or rain will not effect this tent at all. Even if 3 inches of rain were to pour down, inside of the tent will remain dry as long as the rainfly is on and the windows are closed. (Read Full Review)
- Setup – This tent can be setup instantly. Really! It only takes 1 minute to get the tent setup. It’s even as fast when you disassemble it.
- Design – The “instant” design is what allows this tent to go up so fast.
- Ventilation – Ventilation is great. It’s also good at stopping condensation from forming inside of the tent.
- Stability – This tent has the capability to stand strong against most types of weather.
- Quality – The materials are very strong and allows this tent to be a great value for its price.
- Space – There is a ton of space inside of this tent. You can bring a lot of gear inside if you have a small family.
- Height – You will be able to walk around this tent without hitting you head.
- Zipper – Zipper can get stuck if you pull to fast.
- Cold Weather – If it gets really cold in here, the tent will keep ventilating and letting cold air get in. You can reduce the amount of air leaving by closing the windows. If you plan to camp during warm weather, this tent will be perfect.
These Are The Best Tents For Under $300
These tents are all high quality and worth the price. There are three size ranges so you can choose which one suits your family the most.
If you need something a little cheaper then you can check out this link.